we are having a lot of fun making crafts for the shop & blog this spring – we have a bunch of new family craft books with great DIY ideas!.. this one is the coffee bean bag letters and our friends at octane coffee gave us a handful of coffee bean bags with good logos & colors on them for us to use – so as a thank you we made their daughters initials to hang in their room!
1. print out your letters or symbols in outline form and cut out – we print ours to fill an 8 1/2 by 11″ sheet of paper. with a pencil you will use the cut outs as a stencil and trace around them on your burlap.
2. cut out your coffee bean bags – we cut roughly 10 by 10″ – and pick your thread colors to play off the paint colors on the coffee bean bags.
3. using the longest & tightest zig zag stitch on your sewing machine stitch right over the pencil line you traced.
4. now you can cut your edges as close to your stitched letter as you like – and pull single strands out at the edges leaving you with a cute frayed edge.
hang anyway you like!.. we used twine & clothespins for this gift. have fun!
* SATURDAY APRIL 26th FROM 1:00 to 3:00
* PLEASE JOIN US FOR A CRAFTERNOON WITH AUTHOR AMANDA KINGLOFF – SHE WILL BE DEBUTING HER NEW FAMILY CRAFT BOOK ‘PROJECT KID’
sometime ago we met the lifestyle editor for PARENTS magazine – amanda kingloff – while helping to dress her nieces for her wedding. they looked beautiful and amanda is super creative so when she asked about hosting a crafternoon at seed factory we were thrilled… she will bring the materials to make these cupcake liner carnations.
join us for an easy breezy day of making with the littles on saturday april 26th from 1 to 3 – the perfect wrap up to family lunch on the westside! hope to see you!
let’s get started – you can print out the directions and materials list here.
print out the moon + stars template here.
here is our finished version!.. really you can follow our lead with the moon & stars or go your own road with charms, photos, bits & baubles.
have fun with this – and remember it could be for little or big kids rooms!
yellow owl workshop has created some great craft kits – from their signature rubber stamp kits to new canvas tote bags and dish towels for children to decorate & carry. these little parties contain birthday invitations, envelopes, treat bags with stickers – confetti optional!